DPSA website list vacancies for all provincial and national departments in South Africa (All Provinces).
- This Circular is, except during December, published on a weekly basis and contains the advertisements of vacant posts and jobs in Public Service departments.
- Although the Circular is issued by the Department of Public Service and Administration, the Department is not responsible for the content of the advertisements. Enquiries about an advertisement must be addressed to the relevant advertising department.
- Directions to candidates
- Applications on form Z83 with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge and experience (on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV) must be forwarded to the department in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s).
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The Department of Public Service and Administration must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.
- Directions to departments
- The contents of this Circular must be brought to the attention of all employees.
- It must be ensured that employees declared in excess are informed of the advertised vacancies. Potential candidates from the excess group must be assisted in applying timeously for vacancies and attending where applicable, interviews.
- Where vacancies have been identified to promote representativeness, the provisions of sections 15 (affirmative action measures) and 20 (employment equity plan) of the Employment Equity Act, 1998 should be applied. Advertisements for such vacancies should state that it is intended to promote representativeness through the filling of the vacancy and that the candidature of persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representativeness, will receive preference.
- Candidates must be assessed and selected in accordance with the relevant measures that apply to employment in the Public Service.