This article contains information on how to register for the NSFAS Wallet account. It also contains those that are eligible to apply and what happens if you did not withdraw the total amount of voucher you created.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is bursary scheme that provides you with financial assistance to further your studies and realise your dreams. As a prospective student of any South African University or TVET college, it is pertinent to know what the NSFAS bursary covers.
In this article today, we have compiled a guideline on how to register for a NSFAS wallet account and it is stated below.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER FOR A NSFAS WALLET ACCOUNT?
To receive your NSFAS cash allowance and transact on the NSFAS Wallet system, you must be funded by NSFAS.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A NSFAS WALLET ACCOUNT
- Step 1: Dial *120*176# and follow the prompts to verify and confirm your account
- Step 2: On step 1,you will create your own password, which will give you access to the account. Never share this password with anyone
- Step 3: Once your account has been verified,you may access it by dialling *120*176#, or via web (https://celbux.appspot.com)
- Step 4: You may proceed withdraw cash from participating stores (Shoprite, Usave, SPAR, Boxer or Pick n Pay), should you wish to
- Step 5: You may pay for goods at participating stores (no fee is charged on Buy transactions)
Use your NSFAS Wallet to buy goods at Shoprite,Usave,Checkers,SPAR, Choppies, Pick n Pay,Van Schaik,Nando’s,Romans Pizza, McDonalds,Burger King,Spur, Hungry Lion,Debonairs,RocoMamas and John Dory’s amongst others
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DID NOT WITHDRAW THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF VOUCHER YOU CREATED?
- If you transacted with a cash voucher, your change will be added to your cash balance.
- Note: Each screen needs to be acted on within 20 seconds,or you w ill be required to restart the process.
- Save the following as a contact in your cellphone for easy access: *120*176#
- R 10 withdrawal fee applies for all cash withdrawals
- This is only Applicable to TVET college students using the NSFAS Wallet