Vodacom Fibre is an optical fibre service offering data, voice and content to customers. Vodacom determines the most suitable technologies to provision data, voice and content services over the fibre network to meet its commercial requirements.
The Vodacom Fibre terms and conditions as detailed herein are subject to change from time to time.
Vodacom has partnered with 3rd Party Network Providers to provide the network infrastructure through which Vodacom offers Fibre services as an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Any change to the Vodacom Fibre terms and conditions will be communicated to the customer upon 30 days written notice or such other reasonable notice period as the circumstances require.
The detailed Vodacom Fibre data and voice offering is available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre
The Vodacom Fibre service is subject to:
- Vodacom’s Standard contract terms and conditions.
- Vodacom’s Fair Usage Policy.
- Additional service or device specific terms and conditions mentioned below.
- Vodacom shall remain the main point of contact for all Vodacom customers on 3rd Party Network Providers.
- Where there is any conflict between any other terms and conditions mentioned and the Vodacom Fibre specific terms and conditions, the additional service or device specific terms and conditions shall prevail.
Commencement and Duration
- The Vodacom Fibre service contract start date shall be the customer account activation date.
- The Vodacom Fibre service contract shall remain in force for the initial period as defined by the contract period (i.e. 24 months) where after it shall continue on a month to month basis, until it is either renewed for a further period or terminated by either party on 30 days written notice to the other.
- In the event that any Vodacom fibre service is discontinued for any reason prior to the expiry of the initial period, such discontinuation, along with the migration options or alternatives available to the customer will be communicated to the customer on reasonable prior notice.
- Any Vodacom Fibre service contract which includes free or discounted customer equipment can only be renewed or cancelled without any penalty after the initial period.
- When a Vodacom Fibre service contract is terminated during the initial period, an early cancellation penalty will apply, equivalent to all of the remaining subscriptions due for the initial period.
Service offering and pricing
- Vodacom reserve the right to adjust and amend the service offering and pricing from time to time.
- Any adjustments or to services and pricing or additional services will be communicated on 30 days written notice or such other reasonable notice period as the circumstances require.
- A customer may purchase the Vodacom Fibre services on the following channels:
- Vodacom Fibre portal available on www.vodacom.co.za/fibre
- Vodacom Fibre Customer care (082 1904).
- A customer has the option to purchase the following services:
- Vodacom Fibre Broadband offering data connectivity with Internet access.
- Vodacom Fibre Fixed Voice offering voice calls (national and international).
- Vodacom Fibre Broadband with Fixed Voice.
- Optional services such as Mobile Back-up and devices such as Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS).
- Vodacom Fibre Broadband price plan data allocation is valid for one (1) calendar month.
- The Vodacom Fibre Broadband order of consumption is based on expiry date of the bundle. The data bundles that expires first, is the data bundle that gets consumed first.
- Vodacom Fibre Broadband data allocation is not transferable and cannot carryover from one month to the next.
- Vodacom Fibre customers will receive an invoice via email on the 3rd of the month following the bill date (1st of the month) for the contract period of 24 months. The first Vodacom Fibre bill will be comprised of the pro-rated amount for the relevant month.
- Vodacom Fibre monthly subscription will be billed in advance while the data and voice minutes usage will be billed in arrears.
- The Vodacom Fibre pricing as specified at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre is subject to change from time to time and new pricing will be communicated to the customer upon 30 days written notice or such other reasonable notice period as the circumstances require
- Vodacom will appoint an approved installer to install the Vodacom Fibre service at the customer’s premises.
- The approved installer will require reasonable access to the customer’s premises.
- The approved installer will install the Vodacom Fibre service in accordance with the detailed installation guidelines for a standard installation as per the Vodacom Fibre Installation Schedule.
- The detailed installation guidelines will include the maximum installation specifications that will be included in a standard installation.
- If the Vodacom Fibre service installation exceeds the standard installation specifications, then any additional installation expenses will be for the customer’s account.
- Any additional installation expenses will be settled directly with Vodacom or with the approved installer.
- The installation will be deemed fully operational if the approved installer successfully tests the Vodacom Fibre service with the Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) provided by Vodacom as part of the Vodacom Fibre service contract.
- The approved installer will not test the installation’s operational status with any other CPE than the CPE provided by Vodacom.
- The customer undertakes to maintain the installation, including all equipment provided, in good order including environmental considerations as detailed in the Vodacom Fibre Service Schedule.
- The customer may not move or alter the Vodacom Fibre service installation and must notify Vodacom if there is a need to move or alter the installation.
- Only a Vodacom approved installer may move or alter a Vodacom Fibre service installation.
Termination & Cancellations
- Cancellations within the contract period will carry a penalty equivalent to all the remaining contract price plans due for the remainder of 24-month contract period.
- Any penalties applicable to customer equipment due to termination or cancellation will be included in the last invoice.
- Vodacom will inform customers 30 days in advance of the initial contract end period.
- Customers will need to inform Vodacom one (1) calendar month in advance for any cancellation/termination request to enable Vodacom to complete processing the cancellation/termination.